Wrongful Wreckage & Midnight Hollow Door


I started writing this story about this place called Amberville - it's another one of the neighborhoods by Aaron Rogers - Strawberry Acres, Amberville, Mesa Grande, Bridgewood, Ocean View and Strangetown - are all his creations. Originally, I was going to move in a nice modern day lady and she would eventually end up being part of my Strawberry Acres story on Facebook.

Amberville is quite beautiful


I had this idea for a while to do something with the "Wrongful Wreckage" from Midnight Hollow.







I started playing around with it and figured out how to place objects inside it and that got me thinking about how I could maybe build a basement under it.



Welp. I followed the white rabbit straight down the rabbit hole. Now, the nice lady has to be from the Victorian Era and she's got a father and a love interest and now I need to have a version of the house before it caught on fire.





Now, of course that means that certain elements of the original house had to be fabricated through the magic of scaleable OMSP (one more slot packages) that allow you to not only shift your objects up and down, but also can scale them. (God bless you, buhudain) That's how I managed to get those hateful gable decoration pieces to play nice.

But now there are NEW problems to be solved.

That's the Victorian Single Door from Midnight Hollow, but it's on a 2x1 mesh!

Okay. I have done some playing around with meshes before. I understand a bit about Milkshape 3D... 

Right so... what now?

On the left is the original door, middle is the Lucky Door and right is my two tile edit! Yay!

Alrighty then. I slayed that particular dragon. Now for the next problem... 

That's a Pretty Porch Railing... that they didn't include in the world files...

This one started off well... 

I edited the nice mesh

Midnight Hollow comes with the Pretty Porch Fencing (left), and my abomination is on the right.

I'm not entirely sure what happened here, but I'm gonna table it for a bit. I was thinking it might be ideal to clone this railing from a sculpture and align it with something like the wall ivy... that way, I can place it where I want it - the more I look at the "Wrongful Wreckage" the more I think that's what they did as well.

I know I won't be able to reproduce the "Wrongful Wreckage" completely accurately - it appears to be like the rabbit hole buildings and made of pieces and parts scripted together - but I hope that the model I'm building is faithful enough to the original to pass as a "before" in screenshots.

(this door will be available with the railing when they're both finished - in the meantime, check out these Wishing Well and Back to Basics windows by missyzim!)

~X~

Comments

Popular Posts