Simville - Chris Valente



Presenting: Chris Valente (Chris Roomies)

I started a creator story on Facebook. I wanted to have some Easter eggs in it, so I based the couple on one of the pre-made familes that live in Neighborhood 1 in the Sims 1.

The story is set about five years after the events of the original Sims game, and it takes place in a slightly altered timeline.

(Of course, I wouldn't have even bothered with this if Ketheira of Mod the Sims hadn't started a world based on the original Sims 1 Neighborhood. I compiled the world into a usable file and I have been poking around with it ever since. Unfortunately, the updates I have made are not currently available - I still need to recreate the Old Town area and decide how I want the sports arena and such to look.)

In the original Sims, Melissa and Chris Roomies are roommates. Of course, when the Sims 1 came out, the world was a bit different. I always had the habit of moving them into 6 Sim Lane, which was a little white house on a corner.

Nostalgia!


For the story, however, I wanted to make a few changes. The first change was getting these two lovely ladies a slightly better house. I went ahead and moved them into 10 Sim Lane.

Fun fact: Maxis made two versions of this house.


The changes didn't stop there, however. In the original Sims, same sex couples couldn't be married. They could move in together and have a romantic relationship with each other, but that was the extent of their interactions.

They caught the house on fire shortly after this.


For the story, I wanted to give Chris and Melissa the chance they didn't have in the original Sims and allow them to marry. First off, I had to recreate Chris... 

Not an easy task, seeing as how you can't zoom in any further than this.


I thought perhaps the old "Make-A-Celeb" might give me a better view of her, but it didn't give me much to work with either.

I tried a few other methods of gathering her original game files, such as using a FAR viewer to extract the game data, before I decided this was taking up too much time. In the end, I decided to make the story my own.

Presenting: Chris Valente 

Chris Roomies is single, a Taurus and lives with Melissa Roomies. She has blonde hair and light skin, and her body type is described as thin. She's maxed out her technology, parties, and outdoors interests. 


Based on this information, I decided to make her platnium blonde with greenish-blue eyes. She Loves the Outdoors, is a Party Animal, Genius, Night Owl and Computer Whiz. She likes classical music, parfaits and the color pink. The original game gave her 7/10 points in style, so I decided that she follows fashion closely, but prefers to be comfortable in her own clothes.

The original Sims had one basic swimsuit that every light-skinned Sim would wear.


To me, it made sense that Chris would wear a similar swimsuit.


Her athletic wear is more practical, but certainly shows more of the style that she's so keen on.


Her sleepwear is modest, but still quite pink.


Instead of wearing a dress for formal occasions, she prefers to wear a lovely pantsuit.


Chris is quite intelligent, learning how to manage staying up all night when she was at university. She entered into the field of science, while Melissa entered the political arena. 

She and Melissa began dating while they were at university. Before they graduated, Chris proposed to Melissa and was delighted when she said yes. Unfortunately, their immediate families weren't as accepting. Chris had a rich great aunt who spent many years in the company of her female companion. Aunt Amelia revealed that her beloved companion was, in fact, her wife. She wanted Chris and Melissa to have every opportunity that she and Margaret did not have. 

With Aunt Amelia's blessing, Chris and Melissa purchased their first home. Their wedding just recently took place and they are expecting their first child together.





Comments

Popular Posts